About ITIL® Intermediate SD Certification
The Service Design (SD) module is one of the qualifications within the ITIL® Service Lifecycle category of the ITIL® Intermediate level. The certification demonstrates the candidate’s knowledge of good practices in the design of IT services, processes, and other aspects of IT service management.
ITIL® Intermediate SD Certification Training program module includes both online and classroom training. The courseware has been approved by APMG and CSME and includes quizzes and sample test papers.
ITIL® Intermediate SD Certification training online module focuses on the design of IT services, covering the architectures, processes, policies and documentation. This enables candidates to design services, hence meeting the needs of the organization.
An ITIL® Intermediate Service Design certification training helps IT professionals add weight to their profile and typically earn 40% more compared to their non-certified peers. The SD module of the ITIL® Intermediate Level enables candidates to:
- Understand the purpose, principles and processes of service design
- Identify how to organize and implement design as part of overall service management
- Understand the use of leading edge IT capabilities to provide the best service and maximize value to the organization
- Identify how service design relates to other stages of the ITIL® Service Lifecycle
- The ITIL® Service Design qualification demonstrates the IT professional’s ability to frame consistent service design practices to improve the alignment of IT with the overall business and user needs. According to recent surveys by payscale.com, the average annual salary of the certified professionals in this field ranges from $80,000 to $90,000.
What are the advantages of SD Certification?
At the end of ITIL® Intermediate SD Certification, you will be able to:
- Understand the purpose, principles and processes in service design
- Identify technology-related activities and considerations in service design
- Identify how to organize, implement and improve service design
- Identify challenges, critical success factors and risks
Who should do this ITIL® Intermediate SD qualification?
The following categories of professionals can take up the ITIL® Service Design qualification:
- Chief Information Officers (CIOs)
- Chief Technology Officers (CTOs)
- Service Designers
- IT Architects
- IT Planners
- IT Consultants
- IT Audit Managers
- IT Security Managers
- This qualification is also best suited for profiles such as:
- ITSM® (IT Service Management) trainers,
- IT professionals working in a service design environment,
- ITIL® Foundation certified individuals wanting to advance to higher levels in ITIL®, and
- Individuals requiring an in-depth knowledge of the ITIL® service design stage of the ITIL® Service Lifecycle.
- The SD module can be one of the prerequisites for the ITIL® Expert and Master Levels in IT Service Management.
How Do I Get Certified in ITIL Intermediate SD Qualification?
- Successful achievement of the ITIL® Foundation Training
- Completion of the required 21 hrs instructed training.
- 2 years IT industry experience and basic IT literacy
- Apply and appear for the ITIL® SD exam.
- Secure at least 70% score within 90 minutes of exam- time limit.