The Information Technology Infrastructure Library intermediate module is the second step after the achievement of the ITIL foundation module. The ITIL intermediate module is further subdivided into five different categories, each offering 3 credits in total individually. The ITIL intermediate SD certification stands for the ITIL SERVICE DESIGN certification and offers three credits upon its successful completion. The second level, the intermediate level is necessary in order to achieve the ITIL expert certification to gain full competency in the ITIL domain. The ITIL SD certification training deals with the demonstration of practices like the processes, aspects and design of the information technology services and IT service management.
The ITIL intermediate SD certification training is offered through both online and classroom training. The course curriculum is approved by renowned bodies such as APMG and CSME. along with the course training, sample papers and quizzes are also included as part of the training program. ITIL Intermediate SD Certification training online module focuses on the design of IT services, covering the architectures, processes, policies and documentation. This allows candidates to create meaningful service designs in order to accomodate the needs of the organizations.
An ITIL® Intermediate Service Design certification training helps IT professionals add weight to their profile and typically earn 40% more compared to their non-certified peers. The ITIL intermediate SD (service design) level sanction candidates to:
- Understand the purpose, principles and processes of service design.
- Identify how to organize and implement design as part of overall service management.
- Value maximization in an organization along with a proper comprehension and utilization of the top-notch IT capabilities in order to provide the world-class IT services.
- Understand the correlation between the ITIL SD (service design) and other stages of the ITIL intermediate lifecycle module.
- Get insight into how a proper alignment of the IT services with the overall business can be smoothly achieved in order to cater to the needs of the users. A qualification in the ITIL SD (service design) also demonstrates the capabilities of the IT professionals to curate compatible service design practices.
What are the advantages of SD Certification?
At the end of ITIL® Intermediate SD Certification, you will be able to:
- Understand the purpose, principles and processes in service design
- Identify technology-related activities and considerations in service design
- Identify challenges, critical success factors and risks
Who should do this ITIL® Intermediate SD qualification?
The following categories of professionals can take up the ITIL® Service Design qualification:
- Chief Information Officers (CIOs)
- Chief Technology Officers (CTOs)
- Service Designers
- IT Architects
- IT Planners
- IT Consultants
- IT Audit Managers
- IT Security Managers
- This qualification is also best suited for profiles such as:
- ITSM® (IT Service Management) trainers
- IT professionals having a background in the service design environment.
- ITIL foundation certified individuals looking to advance their skills in the service design module and also aiming for taking the ITIL Expert and master level certifications.
How Do I Get Certified in ITIL Intermediate SD Qualification?
- Procurement of the ITIL FOUNDATION module paves way for the intermediate level.
- Candidates should have at least 21 hours of training.
- IT experience of minimum 2 years is mandatory in order to achieve the ITIL intermediate training.
- Application for the ITIL SD (service design) module certification examination. Obtain a minimum of 70% credits in the examination under 90 minutes.